Sunday, October 3, 2010

Zoo Time Fun!


lions and tigers and bears oh my! Actually, it was more like monkeys, turtles, and gorillas oh my! Today Luke and I met our good friends Emily and McKenzie, and their good friends {and our new friends} Paige and Parish at the zoo. Before we got to the zoo, we met and had a picnic breakfast at the park. We had so much fun! Then it was off to the zoo! We spent so much time looking at monkeys, turtles, fish, snakes, cheetahs, birds, gorillas, and rhinoceros that we wore the little ones out. Well, most of the little ones. You'll see what I mean... We decided we would have to go back and see everything else very soon. And so... It all began with the monkeys... Luke loves monkeys and could have stayed here all day.
here are Emily, McKenzie, Paige and Parish
Luke and myself. Hi y'all!
Luke couldn't take his eyes off the real live monkeys...
or the "big monkey"
I love this picture. They all loved watching the turtles. Luke started saying turtle today!
what's this thing?
a rhinoceros!
flamingos! I would ask Luke what a "bird says" and he would point and say "wheat wheat" {his version of tweet tweet}
picture out of sequence! mom and Luke with mr. Gorilla in the background.
Then we came upon this bench. And I said, hey y'all, you think they'd sit here so we could take a picture? So I plopped Luke down...
Added McKenzie...
Luke and McKenzie go to school together. Not to mention Emily and I have known each other since the 3rd grade... these babies were eating with their mommies at Mi Cocina before they were even born together.... and Luke has a slight crush on McKenzie. The teachers at school have informed me of this. And apparently he doesn't like to share, but that is another story... I'll do a separate post of luke chasing McKenzie around at the zoo before catching and kissing her... ay yi yi... these two. Here is Luke trying to show off for his girlfriend {don't tell Luke McKenzie has several boyfriends, he thinks he is the only one...}
Telling her a joke...
then we added Parish to the mix.
They were being so cute... {aka tired}
I couldn't stop taking pictures... then we decided we better get going, we got to the elephants, and everyone was passed out, except one little trooper...
Did you think it was Luke? Not a chance! McKenzie was our big trooper!!! Way to hang girl! It's this kind of stamina that girls must acquire early. It's needed for endless hours of shopping that will obviously be in Miss McKenzie's future. Call me anytime sweetheart and we'll go! I know you already know how to use a phone.
Sweet baby luke after a long fun morning
That was part one of Sunday Funday. Tonight we are off to see Beth and Taylor and go to Gatti Town. It's basically chucky cheese with movies instead of animals, but still lots of fun games! Next Sunday Funday we are off to the pumpkin patch, Whoo hoo! Cheers to fall y'all!

No comments: