Friday, October 15, 2010

Aspen, Colorado DAY TWO

After the haircuts {see below} we headed to the park behind the condo my parents were staying in. It was so pretty! It was so nice to be somewhere that it really felt like Fall, my favorite time of year. Luke met a boy named Felix who instantly took a liking to my dad {also see below...} Here is the one and only family photo, snapped by my dad. Thanks Dad! We ended the day with my parents offering to babysit. Troy and I gladly accepted and went out for dinner and drinks to local spot Jimmy's. We had a great time, but forgot to take any pictures to document our night, or the fact that we ran into Uncle Bill not once, but twice in one day, in Aspen! Yes, you heard me correctly. Troy says I always run into someone, no matter where I am. But I must be rubbing off on him after 10 years together, as he ran into an entire wedding party of old friends and family {some of which I knew as well naturally}!

The Park
Luke sporting the new do.
I love this place...
I mean, seriously...
here is dad, or boompa, as Luke said over, and over, and over, and over. It was too cute.
And this was the little boy Felix. He showed my dad all around the Park. Too cute.

The Haircuts
On Thursday we discovered this cute little place called Sammy's, a traditional {and perhaps only} barber shop in Aspen. I decided my shaggy boys could use a haircut, and they both agreed, so Friday we started our day with a vacation haircut. Here is the before picture...
Luke was so excited to get a vacation haircut.
Okay, maybe not that excited. But he was good. You can see Sammy working on him in the background. Hmmm... A girl named Sammy gave Luke his 1st haircut, now his second haircut is also by Sammy... I bet I am not the only person who see's the pattern...
The boys sporting their new do's! Troy is proudly sporting his Rangers shirt hoping for a Rangers win against the Yankees...
So the Rangers didn't win game one, even though they should have. But we did have a great second day in Aspen. Rangers, 0-1. Matthews Family, 2-0.

No comments: