Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Fossil Rim, Part One

This week our beloved nanny Thavone is on a much deserved vacation. And we, are on staycation. We have made list and list of things we are going to do, and I am holding my breath hoping to cross off two or three. This fine Tuesday morning, we piled everyone is the car {by noon} and headed out. After two pit stops in the first four miles, we made some real progress. This here Ostrich was our friendly greeter. I think he did an outstanding job.
Troy kept saying the boys had to stay buckled in... but you go all of about the speed of a golf cart, and after we saw many children hanging their bodies out of cars, he relented. Luke had a great time feeding the deer.
But I think if you ask him what the best part of the trip was, this was it. His first time steering the wheel with dad. Totally Legal... Might I stress again we were going about four miles an hour? I promise he is not having a Britney Spears meltdown.
Cole loved it. And, for the record, stayed strapped in. 
Well hello there my deer...
and aren't you a pretty... um... a pretty little animal. 
Oh deer, how cute is that? Okay. I'll stop. 
This concludes part one of the Fossil Rim adventure. I broke it up into three sections because it was easier to load pictures that way, and frankly, I like the easy route. So there.

No comments: